What information do we collect?
We collect Personal Information from you when you either provide it us directly or anonymously via your use of our website. All data collected is owned strictly and solely by BVB UK Events Limited. This information may include:
- Your ip address.
- Information you provide when you make an enquiry to one of the venues listed on our website, use our Ask the Experts service, or enquire about advertising your venue or services on the website. This will usually include your name, company name, telephone number, email address and details about the nature of your event or enquiry.
- Records of your interactions with us if you make an enquiry, call our advertised telephone numbers, register a complaint, book a venue or request assistance in using the website.
- Business information you provide when advertising your venue or service on our website.
We may combine the information collected via the BVB website with information we collect from you offline, for the purposes of better understanding our customers and to improve our marketing as well as for security purposes.
How do we use your Personal Information?
BVB UK Events Limited use the information we record for the following purposes:
- To monitor and analyse the website performance, usage and traffic sources so we can improve our service.
- To assess our accessibility, security and users trends to assist in future development of our website.
- To process enquiries and to save settings to your account.
- To fulfil your request for proposals and occasionally offer alternative venue options to give you a broader choice.
- To maintain your account to give you a user friendly personalised experience.
- For market research we may contact you for feedback on your experience of our service and see if you require anything further from our service.
- To investigate any complaints or suspected mal doing.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- For invoicing and administration of venue listing accounts.
We rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Because of the processing necessary to perform the request you have made for information and quotations from the venues advertised on our website.
- Because you have accepted our terms and conditions and provided consent for us to use your personal details required to process your enquiry. You are free to withdraw your enquiry and consent at any time.
- Because it is in our legitimate interest in business operation, security, protection of staff and reputation, for fraud prevention and to operate and promote BVB UK Events Limited.
Any data collected and stored will not be sold or rented to any other third party without prior authorisation. BVB UK Events Limited reserves the right to supply any information requested by authorised law enforcement agencies should we be required to do so.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
Our website and services are designed to make finding a venue as easy as possible. In making an enquiry or utilising our venue finder service we need to share your information with the requested venue(s) and potentially alternate suitable venues on which you will be advised.
Please note any data collected and stored will not be sold or rented to any other third party without prior authorisation, however BVB UK Events Limited reserves the right to supply any information requested by authorised law enforcement agencies should we be required to do so.
Where is your Personal Information stored and how long is it kept?
Ours servers are located in the UK. We will keep your Personal Information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us and the nature of the Personal Information.
We may also keep a record of correspondence with you, for example if you have made a complaint or given us a testimonial, for as long as it is necessary and relevant. Where we no longer have a need to keep your personal information we will delete your details from our records through regular housekeeping.
How do we protect your information?
We take the security of your Personal Information seriously. We have put in place our best efforts to keep your details safe by technical and organisational security measures to help prevent the loss or unauthorised access of your Personal Information.
Our website is secured via https with a valid certificate issued by Trustwave, this encrypts the data sent and recieved between your computer and our servers, however we cannot guarantee the security of information that is transmitted outside our web servers.
Monitoring of phone calls
BVB UK Events Limited may monitor or record calls for security purposes and to improve the quality of service provided.